Re:discovery Software, Inc. is proud to announce that Proficio is now Spectrum (4.0) Compliant!
What Spectrum is: Spectrum is the UK collection management standard that is also used around the world.
It covers processes that include:
- Object Entry and Exit from Museum Manager Responsibility
- Accessioning of Objects
- Location and Movement Control of Object(s)
- Object Cataloging and Inventory
- Object Loans In and Out of Museum/Collection
- Condition Checking and Technical Assessment of Objects
- Care, Conservation, Valuation and Insurance costs and methods
- Emergency Planning for Collections and Damage and Loss of Objects
- Rights, Reproductions, Use of and Review of Collections and their Objects
- Periodic Audits of System for Accuracy and Completeness
Who uses Spectrum:
Spectrum originated in and is used by all accredited museums in the UK. In recent years the standard has been adopted by a number of other countries and translated into several languages. (Source: http://collectionstrust.org.uk/spectrum/spectrum-5/introduction/)
What this means:
- Proficio is now Spectrum compliant!
- It ensures your objects are being protected and used in a responsible, traceable and safe manner.
- As a Proficio user these standardized measures are at your disposal to be applied to your collections procedures as needed.
Back To All News